Thursday, February 19, 2015

Tomato and garlic prawns with steak.

Okay, so this week I made a lot of experimental dishes which actually turned out pretty nice, so keep  a look out for an easy chicken casserole, sweet potato hash browns and many more.

But today I want to share something that I don't usually get to have, my toddler is too little for steak, (although I'm sure she would be over the moon if I gave her the prawn mixture). So Drayce decided to go to bed really early and I hadn't even started dinner yet so she got a quick banana and peanut butter wrap and the adults got a rare indulgence.









Obviously oven chips aren't the healthiest choice but it was what I felt like and turned out really nice.
Also, when you read food blogs they don't tell you how much time you have to put in to take good photos, I took 31 and only a couple of them were even reasonable, now I'm going to show you how I took a few simple ingredients and made a fancy meal in about 25 minutes.

Tomato and Garlic Prawns with Steak

Preparation 5 mins|Cooking 7 mins

Ingredients:

  • 2 minute steaks
  • 1cup frozen prawns
  • 1/4cup pasata (pureed tomatos)
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 2 large mushrooms


Method:

  1. Dice mushrooms and add to a hot pan, saute with crushed garlic until garlic becomes fragrant
  2. Add pasata to the pan with mushrooms and garlic and cook until hot; about 5 minutes
  3. Put frozen prawns into the tomato mixture and stir
  4. Cook steak in a separate pan for 1 minute on each side 
  5. Put steak onto a plate and serve covered in prawns and with a side of your choice.




Also, because this is supposed to be about kids, have a picture of Drayce's cheesy grin from when we were cooking breakfast this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment